Software Development Engineer - CloudPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 09/20/2021
Job Title:Software Development Engineer - Cloud
Role Overview:Invent, design, build, deliver, and operate solutions that drive standards and efficiency across the ecosystem. They build the infrastructure that allows other software engineers to quickly deploy, run and scale their software. They plan, design, develop, test, and modify software systems or applications for enhancements and new products that are specifically focused on cloud service development. Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
As a Cloud Developer of the Partner engineering team, and reporting into the Partner Engineering Manager, the focus of this opportunity is to effectively and passionately engage with our Partner Customers, leading them on their journey to provide their customers with the strongest cyber security solutions. These Cloud services built will be consumed by gateway as well as Mobile devices. Cloud services will be instrumental in processing large-scale analytics data received from the field. They will also have integration with other billing and subscription services. In future the team will also build a web management dash-board to manage all aspects of the digital home.
This position is based out of our Bangalore office in India.
About the role:
• Develop microservices and deploy software in AWS.
• Integrate and build custom requirements of partner.
• Write reusable, testable and efficient code using Python and Go leveraging some of the opensource framework.
• Develop RESTful services that will be consumed across Mobile devices and gateway platforms.
• Implement back-end architecture that can scale to handle large number of concurrent users.
• Be an active participant in an Agile Scrum environment helping to build the web-services platform for the home gateway product.
• Your background includes 5+ years of software development and atleast 3years of cloud/AWS development experience.
• Your passion for programming includes 3+ years of Python and Go.
• You have ability to work with AWS Architects and help on POC, Partner integration.
• You have familiarity with event-driven programming in Go.
• You shall have experience with a relational database system such as MySQL or SQL Server is required.
• You shall have experience working with a NoSQL system such as Cassandra or Dynamo is desirable.
• You shall understand accessibility and security compliance.
• You shall know user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
• You shall understand fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
• You shall possess strong unit test and debugging skills.
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools e.g. Git, Mercurial. We use Git/Geritt based systems.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.