Software Development Engineer in Test - RemotePrimary Location India Date posted 12-Apr-2022
Role Overview:A Software Development Engineer in Test [SDET] is a developer with the primary responsibility of effective assurance of product quality through test automation,
code inspections, peer reviews, white-box testing and other forms of engineering excellence.
It is a unique and challenging role that calls for a strong passion for quality and technology, while providing an immense opportunity to design and develop wide-reaching tools.
It combines the “building” aspect of software development with the “testing” part of quality assurance.
As an SDET you can analyze business requirements, scenarios, create test plans, test cases and build automation test frameworks to execute them.
This is a remote position in India. We will only consider candidates currently in India and are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
- Analyze requirements, able to understand impact on existing systems and come up with an all-encompassing solution
- Works with product management, development and quality assurance teams to help define and implement automation suites, test harnesses, white box test suites and testing
- Represent QA and contribute to architecture reviews, design reviews and code reviews
- Help QA team to arrive at correct set of black box test cases for any code change made during testing phase
- Debug code to identify causes of failure
- Develop automated test scripts
- Design and implementation of automation test framework
- Develop tests for API dependencies
- Set up and run code reviews
- Building custom test tools to reduce manual test effort
- Work closely with developers and extend automated unit test cases and share test code
- Collaborate with developers to create white box test strategy, test plans from functional specifications
- Handle tasks independently when required
About the role:
- Responsible for working on both Windows and Non-windows platforms.
- Responsible for Quality assurance of product
- Design develop & contribute to the enhancements of our automation frameworks, tests and infrastructure including research of new technologies and tools.
- Strong experience in testing applications on Windows, Linux platforms (preferably from security domain).
- Responsible for non-functional areas of testing especially Performance, stress, soak and Security.
- Experience in working with source code control tools Git.
- Knowledge of AWS, VMware Server, Image and ESX
- Write test cases per product requirements
- Ensure the 100% automation test coverage to meet Quality Goals
- Recognize big picture, take initiative to solve the problem and identify opportunities for refactoring
- Work with Agile process for iteration-based development/QA.
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in test Automation using python or other scripting languages.
- Should have strong skills working with any RDBMS preferably MSSQL server or MySQL
- Good to have experience with Kubernetes, Docker container, NoSQL DB and Serverless systems.
- Prior experience of working in Scrum will be an added advantage
- Test certifications such as CSTE/CSQA certification preferred as long as the candidate is able to demonstrate the skills that these certifications promise.
- Good at problem solving, ability to debug, resolve technical issues and assess the quality of software product.
- Prior experience in testing security/networking products is highly desired.
- Dedication to explore the system under test.
- Should be passionate and inquisitive to learn new technologies and tools.
- Working or Operational Knowledge of datacenter and VM management will be an added advantage.
- Working knowledge to perform thorough Functional, Regression testing and Non-Functional (Performance, Soak) Testing.
- Works with product development teams throughout the product development life cycle to ensure software quality requirements and goals are established and met.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.