Software Development Engineer in TestPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Additional Locations Date posted 12/12/2018
Job Tite: Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
We are looking for a new team member who is passionate about solving problems in ecommerce domain, has a strong interest in cyber security, and wants to join our collaborative team as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to help develop new solutions for online store of McAfee Consumer. This role will report in a Manager – Software Engineering within the Consumer Platform team.
Working at our Bangalore development center, you will exhibit a deep understanding of software design, development, testing and validation, be able to think like a user to define customer experience and have the capability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
In a world where ecommerce is becoming part of our daily life, we are offering you a rare opportunity to influence and contribute to an interesting and critical part of McAfee’s Consumer business that protects our customers’ digital life - in one of the most vibrant cities in the India.
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we aim to develop optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
About the Role:
A Software Development Engineer in Test [SDET] at McAfee is a developer with the primary responsibility of effective assurance of product quality through white-box as well as black box testing, Smart Test-Driven Development, test automation, code inspections, peer reviews, and other forms of engineering excellence. It is a unique and challenging role that calls for combining the “building” aspect of software development with the “testing” part of quality assurance.
- You will be responsible and accountable for quality of product.
- Contribute in software development related activities
- Analyzing requirements, able to understand impact on existing systems and come up with use cases and test cases independently
- You will set up test environment including QA servers and maintain it throughout the project
- You will Implement test automation using C# .Net, XML and Selenium
- Collaborate with team members to create White & Black box test strategy and test cases from functional specifications
- You will be responsible for defect prevention during Unit/Integration/System test phase. Ensure testability in code and measure code coverage data regularly
- Set up and conduct code reviews for detecting functional defects
- Ensures product quality through continuous integrations and code/test refactoring
- Ensure functional requirements are implemented in the code
- Bachelor\Master Degree in Computer science
- Over 4+ years of experience
- Highly proficient in .Net: C#, ASP.Net, Selenium, XML, SQL Server, NUnit/MS Test.
- Proven experience in documenting use cases and test cases based on the Backlog stories, acceptance criteria and business logic
- Ability to determine test strategy and create test cases, execute them for black box testing, Ensuring that build is released with zero defect
- Experience in setting up QA environment/QA servers and maintaining them
- Automating test design & development using Selenium based framework, C# .Net and XML
- Good working knowledge in SQL scripting
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring your true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work. Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
Shift 1 (India)
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.