Software Development Engineer in TestPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Additional Locations Date posted 02/15/2019
Title: Software Development Engineer In Test
Who are we and why you’ll love us
McAfee combines both experience and expertise along with innovation and proven performance to make security an essential ingredient in every architecture and on every computing platform.
The McAfee Web Gateway Unit within McAfee is chartered with the mission of ensuring the leadership position in the Cloud Security market. The end-to-end software engineering team based in Bangalore is focused on designing and building the best-in-class network security products for use by enterprise customers. The team provides security software solutions that is fully integrated with the entire security threat life cycle for McAfee’s enterprise customers. This world class engineering team is renowned for developing optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
This is where you come in. With your talent, know-how, and creative problem solving, we’ll develop software and security services with engaging user experiences. Together, we’ll bring smart, security connected devices to the whole world.
Why we’ll love you
Does testing and exploring products makes your heart happy? Let’s explore that.
- A creative thinker with ideas to spare and designs to share
- A proactive problem solver of the peskiest Internet security issues
- A dedicated creator and tester of high-quality, secure code—your own and others’
- A highly-skilled tester to tackle whatever software problems come your way
- A supportive collaborator who can offer and hear constructive feedback
- An interpersonal champion, rooting for the success of the team
What you’ll love doing with us
At McAfee, you’ll create security solutions in a fun, challenging environment where innovation is encouraged—and excellence is recognized.
You’ll use your awesome coding and testing skills to develop system software that stops the bad guys in their tracks. Security superhero? Kind of. And the kind that watches out for our customers wherever they go in their entire network. Looking for a career in cloud technologies to solve security challenges. Come see where we’ll take you.
With our go-getter team of software professionals who are passionate about protecting and enriching the digital lives of their customers, you’ll…
- Write test cases per product requirements
- Own and maintain high-quality code for one or many software components
- Fix bugs quickly, with an eye for quality
- Review code changes from other developers on parts of a product source code
- Demonstrate your code is complete by finding creative ways to develop test automation
- Being aware of current technology trends & factoring this into current design and implementation
- Recognize big picture, take initiative to solve the problem and identify opportunities for refactoring
- Work with Agile process for iteration-based development/QA.
- Development of automated framework development and tests
- Bug fixing and feature development
- Quality assurance for new functionalities
- Running of tests and evaluation of results
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Engineering/ Computer Applications with 4 – 8 years of work experience
- Having strong automation experience as well as software testing – functional, non-functional.
- Prior experience in building automation framework is desirable
- Experience in automation and scripting languages such as Python/Perl is a must.
- Strong networking knowledge is required
- Good familiarity with main Internet protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, SSL).
- Knowledge of Linux, Windows in developing security/networking products is required.
- Prior experience in testing security/networking products is highly desired.
- Dedication to explore the system under test.
- Software prototyping and debugging skills.
- Understanding of the implications of changes
- Experience in maintaining lab hardware systems, VM setup, and work experience with ESX servers is desired.
Shift 1 (India)
EMB2 - India - Bangalore Embassy Golflinks
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.