Software Development Engineer in TestPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 01/06/2021
Job Title:Software Development Engineer in Test
Role Overview:We are looking for a new team member who is passionate about quality & automation and wants to join our collaborative team as an SDET to help drive the high quality of our Consumer Product family. This role will report to an Engineering Manager.
Working at our Bangalore development center, you will exhibit a deep understanding of software testing and validation, be able to think like a user to define and code creative test scenarios and have the capability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- You will learn different consumer security products and become a Subject Matter Expertise
- You will play both as a black box QA and automation engineer
- You will work closely with the development teams to create automated test strategies
- You will review product requirements, specifications and technical design documents and provide accurate feedback to ensure that software is written in a testable and supportable fashion
- You will define detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases which are streamlined for automation
- You will write automated regression tests to ensure that defects to not reoccur
- We will help you stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- We will ask you to help optimize the software testing process and procedures to make them more efficient
- 4 to 6 years of experience in QA and SDET role
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Must have strong experience managing all phases of testing cycle
- Experience of testing on Windows and MAC products
- Experience web application testing in both functional and non-functional aspects
- Experience with automation testing tools like Python, .Net , Appium etc.
- Proficiency in testing strategies, development of test plans and using testing tools
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Good debugging skills using different tools
- Good to have testing experince on Mobile applications
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.