Software Development Engineer in TestPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 02/28/2021
Job Title:Software Development Engineer in Test
Role Overview:We are looking for a new team member who is passionate about protecting the end-users as they enjoy their digital life, has a strong interest in cyber security and data protection, and wants to join our collaborative team as a Software Development Engineer in Test to help build the high quality of our consumer encryption product family. This role will report an Engineering Manager within the Partner Platforms Team.
Working at our Bangalore development center, you will be responsible for creating test strategy, preparing testcases and writing test automation for our products. The successful candidate possesses the excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to work with partners, customers, and engineering teams to deliver security solutions that protects compute, network, and data storage elements.
In a world where large data breaches are becoming more frequent, we are offering you a rare opportunity to influence and contribute to an interesting and critical part of McAfee’s consumer business that protects our customers’ data.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
- End to End function testing of the products using Mobile devices, Routers, PCs, Linux, Mac, IOT devices
- Review product requirements, solution design document and provide accurate feedback to ensure software is testable and supportable in production
- Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies, apply them in day to day execution
- Define detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and testcases
- Write test automation code to efficiently validate product from functionality, performance and scalability and security perspectives
- Actively measure code coverage of the automation and carry out improvements
- Follow Agile development / test practices, risk-based testing to ensure efficient releases
- Help in investigation of production issues, collaborate with development and product team to ensure timely resolution.
- Enhance regression suite to ensure the problem do not reoccur
- Optimize test processes & procedures to make them more efficient
- 4+ years of solid experience in Quality assurance and software test automation role.
- Programming experience in Go, Python and /or Java programming languages
- 2+ years of experience in end to end testing for router, IOT & Mobile devices
- Sound understanding of security and penetration testing and methods
- Good understanding of Networking Concepts including IP Tables, routers, bridges.
- Good understanding of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, SSL
- Experience with test automation frameworks like Appium, Selenium, JMeter, Vagrant
- Exposure to AWS Cloud, NoSQL DBs, SQLs
- Well organized, structured approach for managing work, good at problem solving skills
- Keen interest/experience in improving efficiency in software testing
- Anything above that gets you an enthusiastic high-five and bonus points for having experience in the computer security industry
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.