Software Development Engineer in TestPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Additional Locations Date posted 08/31/2018
- Analyzing requirements, able to understand impact on existing systems and come up with an all-encompassing solution.
- Works with product management, development and quality assurance teams to help define and implement automation suites, test harnesses, White box test suites and testing.
- Represent QA and contribute to architecture reviews, design reviews, code reviews and static code inspections.
- Work closely with developers and extend automated unit test cases and share test code.
- Collaborate with developers to create White box test strategy, test plans from functional specifications.
- Responsible for White box testing during Unit/Integration test phase.
- Design and implementation of automated test framework.
- Develop tests for API dependencies.
- Ensure testability in code and measure code coverage data regularly.
- Set up and run code reviews.
- Ensures a product quality through continuous testing and refinement of the code base.
- Building custom test automation frameworks and automation scripts for BVT.
- Help QA team to arrive at correct set of black box test cases for any code change made during testing phase.
- Coach/train engineers to follow white box testing techniques and automation.
- Handle tasks independently when required.
Required Experience/Skills & Education:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer science or related field.
- Over 8+ years of experience
- Extensive experience with White box testing.
- Experience with designing and building automation frameworks.
- Expertise in Design/Architecture and Development skills.
- In-depth working knowledge of debugging in C++ applications
- Experience in object-oriented design and coding practice.
- Adaptive to a rapidly changing environment and works creatively with minimal supervision.
- Extensive experience with Windbg.
Must have Skills
- Highly proficient in C++, COM+, Python and Powershell scripting
- Strong Development background with an emphasis on structural or white box testing.
- Thorough knowledge in white box test techniques and strong in code coverage concepts & implementation.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
Nice to have skills:
- Good at Django, SQL
- Knowledge of SOLID Principles
- Experience in Security Domain.
- Experience in software source control systems such as SVN, GitHub is preferred.
- Experience in Interoperability & Performance Testing, Code Refactoring.
- Experience in Agile teams would be preferred.
- Knowledge of ASP.Net, C# technologies will be a plus.
Shift 1 (India)
EMB2 - India - Bangalore Embassy Golflinks
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.