Software Development Engineer in TestingPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Additional Locations Date posted 03/20/2019
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. McAfee delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that help secure systems, networks, and mobile devices around the world, allowing users to safely connect to the Internet, browse, and shop the web more securely. Backed by its unrivaled global threat intelligence, McAfee creates innovative products that empower home users, businesses, the public sector, and service providers by enabling them to prove compliance with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities, and continuously monitor and improve their security. McAfee is relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe. http://www.mcafee.com
Job Title: Software Development Engineer in Testing
Description: Primary role will be to contribute to maintain and enhance the quality of Web Protection including cloud/hybrid deployments in all regards – through functional, automation, development and non-functional testing activities of new feature releases and through sustenance.
Reports to: Maruti Chundury
Location: MIC, Bangalore.
Date: March 1st 2019.
Basic Function and Scope of the Position
- Have a clear vision for quality of the product and overall QA life cycle.
- Contribute to the functional, development, automation and non-functional testing activities for Web Protection: on-premise, cloud and hybrid deployments.
- Should assist development and support with the customer issues – reproducing as well as verification.
- Should have strong focus towards testing/automation of cloud/hybrid deployments including multi-tier architectures.
- Support sustenance releases of MWG with bug verification and regression/performance testing activities.
- Work with Agile process for iteration based development/QA.
- Generation of a complex test environment for Web Protection deployments.
- Development of automated tests
- Quality assurance for new functionalities
- Ability to develop/test/automate Cloud based deployments.
- Running of tests and evaluation of results
- Good focus towards Software Development and project lifecycle
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Engineering/ Computer Applications
- Having relevant Work Experience of 2 – 4 years in development and software testing – functional, non-functional as well as automation.
- Object oriented programming knowledge and programming experience in C/C++ is strongly desired.
- Strong networking knowledge and socket programming is required
- Good familiarity with main Internet protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, SSL).
- Development/Testing experience with Cloud/SaaS deployments is strongly desired
- Knowledge of Linux, Windows and Solaris operating system
- Prior experience in developing/testing security/networking products is a must.
- Experience in automation and scripting languages such as Perl/Python/TestComplete/Selenium is highly desired.
- Dedication to explore the system under test
- Experience in maintaining lab hardware systems, VM setup, and work experience with ESX servers is desired.
- Good communication skills for cooperation with other departments and strategic partners
- Good verbal and written communication in English
McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!
Shift 1 (India)
EMB2 - India - Bangalore Embassy Golflinks
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.