Software Development Engineer - RemotePrimary Location India Date posted 21-Nov-2022
Role Overview:Develops software as the primary job function; designs, develops, debugs & tests complex software in any field, e.g., systems software, software development tools, applications, drivers, numerical methods, UI's, web. May work directly with companies developing and optimizing compilers, operating systems, and other software technologies. Usually holds an academic degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Computational Science.
This is a remote position in India. We will only consider candidates currently in India and are not offering relocation assistance at this time
About the role
- Implement, test, and ship cloud hosted microservices and API platforms at scale to support the needs of McAfee suite of product platforms and capabilities.
- Work between cross-functional teams to integrate with other Cloud services including external third-party services.
- Debugging skills to troubleshoot complex problems in production environments.
- Develop Unit, functional test cases and meet performance SLA requirements and security requirements.
- Work with DevOps to build, deploy Cloud services.
- Reliable and open-minded resource with strong team collaboration skills.
- 5+ years strong meaningful individual contributor experience as a software engineer preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of at least one backend programming language. Ideally Golang.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs.
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure (AWS).
- Experience with large-scale relational and NoSQL database systems.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Bonus Program
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.