Software Development Engineer(UI)Primary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 04/28/2021
Job Title:Software Development Engineer(UI)
Role Overview:We are looking for someone who is passionate about the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) software. The SIEM gives enterprise security professionals insight into the activities within their IT environment. We are looking for someone that has an interest in cyber security and data protection and wants to join our collaborative team as a Senior Sustaining Engineer to help improve the high-quality of our SIEM. You will report to the Engineering Manager within the SIEM Group. In a world where large data breaches are becoming more frequent, we are offering you a rare opportunity to influence and contribute to an interesting and important part of McAfee's enterprise business that protects our customers' data (and that of their customers)
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- Develop, quality, maintenance, and production support of data processing pipelines and systems (Real-time and batch)
- Ensuring data processing pipelines and systems are: secure, reliable, fault-tolerant, scalable, accurate and efficient
- Perform data analysis and provide extracts on complex data sets
- Provide automated functional tests on data processing pipelines and systems
- Full participation in the assigned Agile team (e.g., standups, planning, and peer reviews)
- Collaborate within and outside assigned Agile team
- Seek opportunities to improve skills
- Evaluate and suggest alternatives.
- Accommodate frequent interruptions and changing priorities
- You have 5+ years of experience.
- Successful track record in Software Development.
- Experience in test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Vagrant
- Proficient in modern programming languages like C, C++, Java, or Python
- Experience building APIs and services using REST, SOAP
- Experience with scripting languages like Perl, Shell
- Experience with Pascal.
- Knowledge of technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Oozie, Map Reduce, Spark, Sqoop, Kafka, or Flume.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.