Software Development EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Additional Locations Date posted 12/12/2018
Job Tite: Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a new team member who is passionate about solving problems in ecommerce domain, has a strong interest in cyber security, and wants to join our collaborative team as a Senior Software Engineer to help develop new solutions for online store of McAfee Consumer. This role will report in a Manager – Software Engineering within the Consumer Platform team.
Working at our Bangalore development center, you will exhibit a deep understanding of software design, development, testing and validation, be able to think like a user to define customer experience and have the capability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
In a world where ecommerce is becoming part of our daily life, we are offering you a rare opportunity to influence and contribute to an interesting and critical part of McAfee’s Consumer business that protects our customers’ digital life - in one of the most vibrant cities in the India.
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we aim to develop optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
About the Role:
- Analyze Requirements
- You will provide inputs for designing solution of a technical or business problem
- Own small independent modules (Design, develop, test, integrate)
- You will analyze impact of code changes in existing systems
- Provides technical direction for Application sub-system, research, design, analysis, testing, process improvement, and troubleshooting.
- Reviews code and guide SE's
- You will help in setting new processes for new type of work
- You will estimate the work and provide ETA
- You will identify automation opportunities and automate manual tasks
- Bachelor\Master Degree in Computer science
- Over 6+ years of experience
- You should have the passion to work with demanding architects on complex systems
- You should have expert knowledge in .NET 4.7, C#, ASP.NET
- Deep knowledge in XML, LINQ, Multithreading, Asynchronous, Parallel Programming
- Sound knowledge of TSQL (SQL Server 201X)
- Experince in either Adobe Experince Manager (AEM) or Microsoft Azure will be a plus
- Experience in writing MS Test (NUnit) Test cases, Static Code Analysis (FxCop), Scalability Testing
- You should be experienced in conducting code reviews and help improve quality through early detection
- Experience in analyzing requirements, able to understand impact on existing systems and come up with an all-encompassing solution, independently
- Good written and verbal communications skills and must be a strong team player
- Good understanding of coding best practices and standards
- Able to document user stories/use cases, functional specification and design clearly
- Understanding & experience of Agile Development Methodology (Scrum)
- Good at SQL Query optimization for high volume databases
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring your true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work. Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
Shift 1 (India)
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.