Software Development EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Additional Locations Date posted 02/06/2019
This position is for a development engineer for the McAfee Consumer Platform Product Development team. The candidate will be responsible for design development and maintenance of various projects executed by the Development team.
Candidate should be able to work in a dynamic fast paced environment delivering solutions to support multiple projects in their development needs.
- You should have good design skills and have good skills in the Microsoft web development technologies.
- You should have strong Object Oriented Programming principles. Thorough understanding and practicing SOLID principles.
- You will participate in code reviews and provide and accept reviews.
- You will interact with peer teams in other GEOs and with other teams present locally.
- You should have an excellent analytical skills
- You should be able to review PRDs, analyze and implement solutions.
- You will develop / support internal tools
- You will analyze all the solution options in a given project, and ability to identify the ease to maintain / high performance solutions and implement.
- You will gain familiarity with managing product releases and tracking issues.
- The candidate is expected to collaborate closely with program management, QA and other development teams.
- You should have good communication skills, having worked with multiple teams in offsite locations a plus
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer science or equivalent
- Exposure to developing Web based applications with 5 to 8 years of experience
- Expertise in .Net: C#, ASP.Net, XML, JS, T-SQL, SQL Server 2014/2016.
- Exposure to writing SQL and SQL optimization for high volume databases
- Development experience in MVC and WebAPI
- Development experience in Angular, Node JS
- Good to have exposure in Azure, Azure Data lake and Azure Development tools.
- Must have the passion to work with technology and complex systems
- Show enthusiasm in analyzing requirements, able to understand impact on existing systems and come up with an all-encompassing solution
- Passion to work with demanding customers
- Good written and verbal communications skills and must be a strong team player.
- Able to adopt to coding best practices and standards
- Able to clearly document, user stories/use cases, functional specification and design
- Able to convert a problem statement to a design and implementation.
- Ability to interpret architecture and provide implementation documents.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Able to document details of functionality, design and architecture of a component.
- Able to participate in weekly code reviews with engineers.
- Is able to understand impact of code changes- both programmable and logical changes.
- Is able to “piece together” relevant existing functionality and quickly come up with a prototype or solution.
- Facilitate or host reviews on Application source code and technical documentation.
- Ability to work independently working with a team of Engineers locally and peer teams abroad with minimum guidance.
- Out of box thinking
Nice to have skills:
- Quick learning on software source control systems such as GitHub is preferred.
- Quickly adapt to Experience in working in Agile methodology & knowledge on Scrum principles.
in any field e.g., systems software, software development tools, applications, drivers, numerical methods, UI's, web. May work directly with companies developing and optimizing compilers, operating systems, and other software technologies. Usually holds an academic degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Computational Science.
Shift 1 (India)
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.