Software Development EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Additional Locations Date posted 02/15/2019
Title: Software Development Engineer
Who are we and why you’ll love us
McAfee combines both experience and expertise along with innovation and proven performance to make security an essential ingredient in every architecture and on every computing platform.
The McAfee Web Gateway Unit within McAfee is chartered with the mission of ensuring the leadership position in the Cloud Security market. The end-to-end software engineering team based in Bangalore is focused on designing and building the best-in-class network security products for use by enterprise customers. The team provides security software solutions that is fully integrated with the entire security threat life cycle for McAfee’s enterprise customers. This world class engineering team is renowned for developing optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
This is where you come in. With your talent, know-how, and creative problem solving, we’ll develop software and security services with engaging user experiences. Together, we’ll bring smart, security connected devices to the whole world.
Why we’ll love you
Does coding makes your heart happy? Let’s explore that.
- A creative thinker with ideas to spare and designs to share
- A proactive problem solver of the peskiest Internet security issues
- A dedicated creator and tester of high-quality, secure code—your own and others’
- A highly-skilled developer in Java to tackle whatever software problems come your way
- A supportive collaborator who can offer and hear constructive feedback
- An interpersonal champion, rooting for the success of the team
What you’ll love doing with us
At McAfee, you’ll create security solutions in a fun, challenging environment where innovation is encouraged—and excellence is recognized.
You’ll use your awesome coding skills to develop system software that stops the bad guys in their tracks. Security superhero? Kind of. And the kind that watches out for our customers wherever they go in their entire network. Looking for a career in development of cloud technologies to solve security challenges. Come see where we’ll take you.
With our go-getter team of software developers who are passionate about protecting and enriching the digital lives of their customers, you’ll…
- Write code per product requirements
- Own and maintain high-quality code for one or many software components
- Fix bugs quickly, with an eye for quality
- Review code changes from other developers on parts of a product source code
- Demonstrate your code is complete by finding creative ways to develop test automation
- Being aware of current technology trends & factoring this into current design and implementation
- Recognize big picture, take initiative to solve the problem and identify opportunities for refactoring
- B.E/B.Tech in Computer Science or equivalent degree or combination of experience
- 5+ years of experience in Java based product development
- Full stack developer who is well versed with design and development of different tiers of software product.
- Requires strong programming skills in Core Java, java script and web based technologies
- Expertise in web technologies such as JEE, REST, Spring
- Experience with any UI framework like Angular, TypeScript, JQuery, ExtJS etc.
- Must be very good in database concepts, algorithms and design patterns
- Should have excellent debugging, troubleshooting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be an excellent problem solver, creative thinker and self-motivated
- Good to have knowledge of computer networking, protocols and software security
- Experience is designing and developing cloud based applications
- Prior experience working on big data and network virtualization technologies
- Preferable to have experience in continuous delivery environment using test driven development
- Prior experience working on software security products is a plus
- Exhibited innovation and learning by way of presenting papers, attending conferences, technical training/certifications and filing patents
Shift 1 (India)
EMB2 - India - Bangalore Embassy Golflinks
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.