Software Development EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Additional Locations Date posted 05/07/2019
Intel Security is seeking talented software engineers with a passion to engineer and deliver high quality products to join our Endpoint Engineering team. Our group develops the industry leading platform to manage security solutions that protects millions of systems, users, and all the infrastructure and data of small and large enterprises around the world. Our Endpoint platform framework provides a true open-architecture platform that is modular and scalable, enabling management of security solutions from Intel Security as well as our partner companies. A single agent enables organizations to have an agile approach in securing their business as new security solutions developed for evolving and emerging threats can be rapidly integrated with the Intel Security endpoint platform.
To learn more visit: http://www.intelsecurity.com
Our group is expanding, as we work on developing the next generation products for managing security and solutions that protect the entire infrastructure - from endpoints to the network, as well as mobile and embedded devices. Our group fosters a mutually supportive growth environment where we work as a team and make time to educate ourselves and each other. We’re growing and currently have multiple positions open in our McAfee Agent team.
Roles and Responsibilities
A Senior Software Engineer at Intel Security has the primary responsibility of providing hands on technical expertise across the entire product development cycle from concept to delivery. The roles require providing guidance and making major design decisions within the team and also influence the architecture and key technical decisions.
Your primary responsibility will be to work with team(s) to create and maintain the design and code in addition to driving the software engineering best practices and processes within the team. You will also be responsible to ensure that the software engineering standards are maintained at the highest level. The position offers tremendous opportunities for you to make a big impact in delivering top notch software and be part of an engineering team that is continually focused on developing solutions for security challenges in a number of areas.
- Analyze customer requirements, propose and design product features.
- Ability to research and stay up to date on various cutting edge technologies and be able to choose appropriate technologies by creating prototypes
- Define, design, implement and deliver on the security endpoint platform
- Excellent communication skills, ability to make and influence decisions, and drive open discussions to a closure
- Must excel in both individual and group settings
- Assist in planning, scheduling, and assigning development projects
- Performs any other related work as assigned.
7+ years of work experience in product development in a large enterprise. This includes demonstrated ability in the following areas:
- Excellent programming and technical skills in C/C++
- Experience in Windows and/or Linux internals
- Thorough knowledge of synchronization mechanisms like semaphores and monitors
- Thorough knowledge of threads, processes, scheduling and synchronization
- Excellent Debugging skills (crash dump analysis or Core analysis)
- Networking concepts (TCP, UDP, IP)
- Good knowledge in Cryptography
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies, such as SCRUM or Extreme Programming
- Proven track record of delivering high quality, scalable software with a cohesive user experience
- Should have strong architectural, design, programming, debugging experience, and excellent problem solving skills.
- Have expertise in development processes such as unit testing, static analysis, secure coding, continuous integration and SDK development
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both within a team and cross-group to drive identification and resolution of issues to ship under tight deadlines along with being able to drive features into the product
- Must be highly motivated with a strong passion for and commitment to software quality
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment with minimal or no management
- Candidate must have a strong desire to continually grow in the technical stream
- BE or higher in Computer Science or similar field
- 7+ years of relevant work experience developing and delivering software using Agile models
Working at Intel Security
Intel Security takes pride in its egalitarian values that empowers each individual to excel. You will find a non-hierarchical culture that promotes open communication, business-awareness, creativity, risk-taking and innovation. Being part of the most dynamic field in technology, we believe in our noble mission of protecting our customers’ information and infrastructure. Our motto is “Safe Never Sleeps” and we try to live to that promise.
At the India Development Center, we celebrate innovation, with most of the work we do laying a high emphasis on innovating in the space we are in. We are focused on building products in some of the most interesting and challenging areas of the Security domain right now and are looking for passionate and talented candidates to help us realize our vision of Secure Computing. Successful candidates will live and breathe software security and will be able to identify software security issues in a broad range of technologies and understand how security issues play into new scenarios.
About Intel Security
McAfee is now part of Intel Security. Delivering proactive and proven security solutions and services that help secure systems and networks around the world, Intel Security protects consumers and businesses of all sizes from the latest malware and emerging online threats. Our solutions are designed to work together, integrating anti-malware, antispyware, and antivirus software with security management features that deliver unsurpassed real-time visibility and analytics, reduce risk, ensure compliance, improve Internet security, and help businesses achieve operational efficiencies.
Intel is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!
Shift 1 (India)
EMB2 - India - Bangalore Embassy Golflinks
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.