Software Development EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Additional Locations Date posted 05/03/2019
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop external and internal applications, tools, frameworks, and processes to be utilized in support of Interoperability testing/analysis efforts
- Develop a strong knowledge of the McAfee enterprise products and related technology to understand cross product dependencies and effectively coach product teams on how to add tests to cover those areas.
- Develop, implement, and execute automated tests, analyze and accurately report results, and provide sign off on product releases that meet the highest quality expectations.
- Work with Development and QA to understand test coverage and develop new automated tests as a result
- Participate in Design Reviews and Code Inspections
- Responsible for designing and developing automated tools or frameworks for highly optimized test coverage
- Excellent communication skills, ability to make and influence decisions, and drive open discussions to a closure
- Go to technical person on the team and to outside product teams (Dev & QA). Must excel in both individual and group settings
- Ensure testability of a product suite and measure code coverage data regularly
- Utilize innovate test technologies to develop product testing strategies
- Promptly identifying and escalating defects; working with cross site and cross functional product teams to isolate problems; and tracking the issues to complete resolution.
* BS/BE in Computer Science or related field
* 5+ years of relevant work experience in developing and delivering software using Agile models
- Excellent ability to break down complex software systems with application of problem solving skills; strong experience in performance and interoperability testing of software products in a production scenario with proven ability to analyze and present results
- 5+ years of experience in doing code review, defect analysis, writing test tools and identifying automation opportunities
- Excellent experience in driving quality initiatives like coding guidelines, best practices within the development teams
- Must be highly motivated with a strong passion for and commitment to software quality
- Should have strong architectural, design, programming, and debugging experience
- Proven track record of delivering high quality, scalable software with a cohesive user experience
- Should have good knowledge of Continuous development methodology and experience delivering software using CD principles
- Expertise on Microsoft Windows operating systems and also UNIX, Linux or Mac. Ideally would be able to work proficiently on at least two varied platforms. (Ex: Windows/Linux or Windows/Mac)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both within a team and cross-group to drive identification and resolution of issues to ship under tight deadlines along with being able to drive features into the product
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment with minimal or no management
- Candidate must have a strong desire to continually grow in the technical stream
- Candidate must have the following traits: dedicated, persistent, analytical, focused, ambitious, and attentive
Shift 1 (India)
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.