Software Development EngineerPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 08/16/2021
Job Title:Software Development Engineer
Role Overview:The Endpoint protection team in Enterprise BU is looking for a capable, enthusiastic Software Engineer who will be a creative, innovative, and results-oriented person willing to go the extra mile in a fast-paced environment. Take ownership of the development of cloud security controls and all back-end aspects of the SaaS environment's software life cycle.
As a member of our engineering team, you'll provide technical expertise (architecture, design, development, code reviews, use of modern static analysis tools, unit testing & system integration, automated testing,
This position is an integral part of the McAfee Enterprise business segment which was acquired by Symphony Technology Group (STG) in July 2021. McAfee Enterprise and its team members remain committed to keeping governments and enterprises safe. This position is dedicated to and part of the McAfee Enterprise business.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
About the role:
- Design, build, maintenance, and production security controls for cloud workloads
- Recognize the big picture and take the initiative to solve the problem and improve the design.
- Being aware of current technology trends & factoring this into existing design and implementation.
- Document architecture, design, and present it to the stakeholders
- Identifies, recommends, coordinates, deliver timely knowledge to the globally distributed teams regarding technologies, processes, and tools
- Proactively identify and communicate roadblocks.
- Overall, 6+ years of experience in Development.
- Must have 6+ years of experience mainly in C++
- Experience in Kubernetes and Golang is desirable
- Substantial work experience in Linux/Mac environment with good knowledge of Python and shell scripting
- In-depth knowledge on Software design principles and patterns and performance engineering.
- Must have 2+ years of software development experience with large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures and technologies
- Good to have work experience and system knowledge on container technologies like Docker and containerd.
- Experience and exposure to cloud security or Linux system security will be an added advantage
- Exposure to Agile development, TDD, and Lean development
- Experience in any other programming language like Java/Scala will be a plus
- Familiarity with any of the AWS/Azure and GCP environments and exposure to EKS, GKE, AKS services.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.