Software Development EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 09/11/2019
Job Title:Software Development Engineer
Primary role will be to contribute, to maintain and enhance the feature richness and quality of Web Protection including cloud/hybrid deployments design, development and sustenance activities of new feature releases and sustenance releases.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role :
- Work with Agile process for iteration based development.
- Should be able to take up end-to-end ownership of features/functions and modules
- Ability to develop/automate in Cloud/Hybrid architecture.
- Should be able to analyze feature requirements and assist with design documentation.
- Should be able to analyze customer issues and provide resolution/workaround.
- Should have good focus for Quality in each work responsibility
About you :
- Have a clear vision for architecture of the product and future roadmap.
- Contribute to the delivery of new features and enhancements including sustenance. This requires analysis of the feature, design, development and QA activities
- Should have strong focus towards architecture and development of cloud/hybrid deployments including multi-tier architecture.
- Support sustenance releases of Web Protection with analysis and bug fixing activities.
- Object oriented programming knowledge and programming experience in C/C++ is strongly desired.
- 2+ years of development experience in Linux is required.
- Strong networking knowledge and socket programming is required
- Good familiarity with main Internet protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, SSL).
- Development experience with Cloud/SaaS deployments is strongly desired
- Knowledge of Linux, Windows and Solaris operating system
- Prior experience in developing security/networking products is a must.
- Experience in automation and scripting languages such as Perl/Python is highly desired.
- Working experience with JIRA/GIT is desired.
- Experience in maintaining lab hardware systems, VM setup, and work experience with ESX servers is desired.
- Good communication skills for cooperation with other departments and strategic partners
- Good verbal and written communication in English
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (India)