Software Development EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 09/06/2019
Job Title:Software Development Engineer
At McAfee, you’ll create security solutions in a fun, challenging environment where innovation is encouraged—and excellence is recognized.
As a Software Development Engineer, you’ll be responsible for design, development and maintenance of various projects executed by the consumer Partner team by working on real-time customer requirements.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
- Designing and developing key modules from inception to completion
- Participating in Design Reviews and Code Inspections
- Work closely with Architects/Members of Development team to drive quality through all stages of SDLC from design to implementation through deployment
- Ensure testability in product features
- Go to technical person on the team. Must excel in both individual and group settings.
- Debugging issues, root cause analysis of problems as needed.
- Refactoring and expanding the existing features for broader support and effectiveness.
- Evangelizing best practices and contributing this knowledge to team's expertise
- Proven track record of providing technical leadership to the team
- A creative thinker with ideas to spare and designs to share
- A multi-skilled developer with Proficiency in -
- Designing and developing Windows applications using C++, Win32 API, COM, Multithreading and IPC technologies
- Expert level hands-on experience in developing Multithreaded applications
- Inter Process Communications (IPC) mechanisms using Windows is a must
- Windows Internals, Development and debugging tools
- Other secondary Skills –
- Hands-on experience in implementing design patterns (as applied to C++)
- Strong design and modelling skills, e.g. UML
- Experience of Security consideration in Software design
- Understanding & experience of Agile Development Methodology (Scrum)
- Have expertise in various areas such as unit testing, static analysis, secure coding, continuous integration, and SDK development
- Ability to work independently with a team of engineers locally and peer teams abroad with minimum guidance
- Experience in analyzing requirements, able to understand impact on existing systems and come up with an all-encompassing solution, independently
- Good understanding of coding best practices and standards
- Instinctively follow software development best practices
- Experience in implementing solutions based on OOPS and SOLID concepts.
- Experience in conducting code reviews and help improve quality through early detection
- Improving code quality by refactoring code continuously
- A dedicated creator and tester of high-quality, secure code—your own and others’
- Make secure coding and unit testing cool
- Appreciate test automation and continuous integration
- Able to document user stories/use cases, functional specification and design clearly
- 7+ years of experience in developing Windows based applications
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (India)