Software Development EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 09/09/2019
Job Title:Software Development Engineer
At McAfee, you’ll create solutions in a fun, challenging environment where innovation is encouraged—and excellence is recognized. You’ll use your awesome skills to help engineering teams to excel in speed of delivery
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
• With our go-getter team of engineers who are passionate about protecting and enriching the digital lives of their customers, you’ll…
• Design and implement next gen Continuous Integration(CI)/Continuous Delivery (CD) systems on .Net and Java
• Build and package Java/.NET applications, Windows services, WCF and Web Api services
• Implement Build & Release & Deploy process using the open source tools like Team City/ Octopus/Jfrog Artifactory/GIt/Jenkins/Docker, Jira and other project life cycle management tools.
• Formulate branching / merging strategies in line with CI/CD requirements
• Implement and manage software release process and work with team members through the entire lifecycle of the project
• Continually evaluate tools and technologies to improve the overall release process and bring in thought leadership
• Support the engineering teams regarding CI/Build tools, Environments and Automation.
• Partner with the development teams to manage full stack release cycles
• Lead efforts to design and build automation in the areas of application deployment, configuration management, release operations etc.
• Drive best practices, standardize build and deployment processes and tools across systems.
• Share knowledge with other team members on the usage of automation tools and help grow the team
• Proactively identify areas of automation in the releases and support process and help implement automation
• As needed, provide application infrastructure support for applications.
• Involved in Branching, Tagging and Merging of code delivery at required releases You need at least the first qualification, below, to be considered for this position. Anything above that gets you an enthusiastic high-five. And we’ll tell you right now — previous experience in continuous integration and delivery is a big plus.
• At least 5 years Hands on experience in developing Automated Build & Deployment Process for large Java/.Net implementations using tools like Team City, Octopus, Jfrog Artifactory, MsBuild, GIT, GIT Pull request, Accurev, Jenkins, Sonar or/and similar products.
• Must have a Build & Release & Deploy using the tools like Team City/ Octopus/Jfrog Artifactory/GIt/Jenkins/Docker, Jira and other project life cycle management tools.
• Nice to have development experience in .Net & Java.
• Should have been part of end to end implementation of Java/.NET based projects
• Ability to design and support build deployment and configuration management systems for multi-tier Java/.Net application using GIt/Team City and Jenkins
• Experience of setup & management of automated build and deployment process for multiple .Net development environments
• Expert on Team City , Octopus, Jfrog Artifactory, Accurev, Git, Nant, MsBuild, MS .Net, SQL server, Jenkins, Sonar.
• Experience with Branching & Merging Strategies
• Must have experience in a .Net and Java Release Management.
• Basic knowledge of application servers
• Must have Scripting language experience (Powershell, Batch etc)
• Working experience on any Unix/Linux operating system will be an added advantage
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Shift 1 (India)