Software Development EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 10/09/2019
Job Title:Software Development Engineer
We are looking for a new team member who is passionate about solving problems, has a strong interest in cyber security and data protection, and wants to join our collaborative team as a Sr Software Development Engineer to help drive the high quality of our consumer product family. This role will report in an Engineering Manager within the Consumer Team.
Working at our Bangalore development center, you will exhibit a deep understanding of software testing and validation, be able to think like a user to define and code creative test scenarios and have the capability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
- Analyze Requirements
- Work closely with Architects/Members of Development team to drive quality through all stages of SDLC from design to implementation through deployment
- Own small independent modules (Design, develop, test, integrate)
- You will estimate the work and provide ETA
- Debugging issues, root cause analysis of problems as needed
- You will analyze impact of code changes in existing systems
- Refactoring and expanding the existing features for broader support and effectiveness
- Participating in Design Reviews and Code Inspections
- Go to technical person on the team. Must excel in both individual and group settings
- Evangelizing best practices and contributing this knowledge to team's expertise
- 7+ years of experience
- You should have the passion to work with demanding architects on complex systems
- You should have expert knowledge in .NET 4.7, C#, ASP.NET
- Deep knowledge in XML, LINQ, Multithreading, Asynchronous, Parallel Programming
- Sound knowledge of TSQL (SQL Server 201X)
- Experience in either Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) or Microsoft Azure will be a plus
- Experience in writing MS Test (NUnit) Test cases, Static Code Analysis (FxCop), Scalability Testing
- You should be experienced in conducting code reviews and help improve quality through early detection
- Experience in analyzing requirements, able to understand impact on existing systems and come up with an all-encompassing solution, independently
- Good written and verbal communications skills and must be a strong team player
- Good understanding of coding best practices and standards
- Able to document user stories/use cases, functional specification and design clearly
- Understanding & experience of Agile Development Methodology (Scrum)
- Good at SQL Query optimization for high volume databases
- Positively adapting to project changes and multitasking.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.