Software Development EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 11/07/2019
Job Title:Software Development Engineer
Develops software as the primary job function; Designs, develops, debugs & tests complex software in any field e.g., systems software, software development tools, applications, drivers, numerical methods, UI's, web. May work directly with companies developing and optimizing compilers, operating systems, and other software technologies. Usually holds an academic degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Computational Science.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role
- Design and Develop web front end for our cloud services and architectural components of our platform by collaborating within and across product engineering groups that provides an experience that is effective and efficient to address pressing security actions.
- Research and stay up to date on various cutting-edge enterprise cloud technologies and be able to select appropriate ones based on evaluation and rapid prototype development
- Design and implement our CI/CD container-based deployment pipeline from source to live production
- Conduct code inspections/analysis, peer code reviews, and automated testing to find and resolve issues prior to code check-in
- Debug and promptly resolve beta and live cloud ops or field escalation issues from internal and external customers
- Work in fast paced agile team and take/influence decisions that swiftly drive open technical topics to a closure.
- Continually improve and mature our engineering software development processes sprint over sprint and release over release
- Provide technical mentoring to other engineering members to build a high performing and inclusive team of talented individuals that learns and grows together.
About You :
- Experience designing and developing SPA and providing a cohesive user experience based on RESTful web services
- Hands on experience developing mid to large scale software commercial products using C/C++.
- You have working knowledge of a multitude of other programming and scripting languages including Java, Python, PHP, Node.
- Proficient knowledge of public cloud platform technologies and services in AWS such as CloudFront, DB technologies, and Azure
- Working knowledge of front end DevOps for integrating with CI/CD pipeline including ability to create e2e test suites and running them against frameworks such as CodeceptJS
- Should have strong debugging experience and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proven experience working in a true agile development environment and maturity with development processes such as fully automated unit and system integration testing, static/dynamic analysis, and secure coding practices
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.