Software Development EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 11/07/2019
Job Title:Software Development Engineer
Develops software as the primary job function; Designs, develops, debugs & tests complex software in any field e.g., systems software, software development tools, applications, drivers, numerical methods, UI's, web. May work directly with companies developing and optimizing compilers, operating systems, and other software technologies. Usually holds an academic degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Computational Science.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
- Develop external and internal applications, tools, frameworks, and processes to be utilized in support of Interoperability testing/analysis efforts
- Develop a strong knowledge of the McAfee enterprise products and related technology to understand cross product dependencies and effectively coach product teams on how to add tests to cover those areas.
- Develop, implement, and execute automated tests, analyze and accurately report results, and provide sign off on product releases that meet the highest quality expectations.
- Work with Development and QA to understand test coverage and develop new automated tests as a result
- Participate in Design Reviews and Code Inspections
- Responsible for designing and developing automated tools or frameworks for highly optimized test coverage
- Excellent communication skills, ability to make and influence decisions, and drive open discussions to a closure
- Go to technical person on the team and to outside product teams (Dev & QA). Must excel in both individual and group settings
- Ensure testability of a product suite and measure code coverage data regularly
- Utilize innovate test technologies to develop product testing strategies
- Promptly identifying and escalating defects; working with cross site and cross functional product teams to isolate problems; and tracking the issues to complete resolution.
-Excellent programming and technical skills in following programming languages: Python Behave, Behavior driven development, Powershell, C#
- Excellent ability to break down complex software systems with application of problem solving skills; strong experience in performance and interoperability testing of software products in a production scenario with proven ability to analyze and present results
- 2+ years of experience in doing code review, defect analysis, writing test tools and identifying automation opportunities
- Excellent experience in driving quality initiatives like coding guidelines, best practices within the development teams
- Must be highly motivated with a strong passion for and commitment to software quality
- Should have strong architectural, design, programming, and debugging experience
- Proven track record of delivering high quality, scalable software with a cohesive user experience
- Should have good knowledge of Continuous development methodology and experience delivering software using CD principles
- Expertise on Microsoft Windows operating systems and also UNIX, Linux or Mac. Ideally would be able to work proficiently on at least two varied platforms. (Ex: Windows/Linux or Windows/Mac)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both within a team and cross-group to drive identification and resolution of issues to ship under tight deadlines along with being able to drive features into the product
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment with minimal or no management
- Candidate must have a strong desire to continually grow in the technical stream
- Candidate must have the following traits: dedicated, persistent, analytical, focused, ambitious, and attentive
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.