Software Development EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 12/02/2019
Job Title:Software Development Engineer
Deep understanding of Quality standards like GS5000, ISO 9000 and models like CMMI. Authors detailed software quality requirements to meet Intel quality standards. Works with product development teams throughout the product development life cycle to ensure software quality requirements and goals are established and met. Trains the team on quality engineering practices. Drives effective software practices to ensure project work products comply with applicable standards, requirements. Provides input into program deliverables /milestones regarding quality (resources, schedule, goals, etc.) Drives actions from previous post-project reviews to closure as part of Product development team (PDT), including process/work product audits.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
- You will play an active hands-on role across the entire software development life cycle, from requirements through helping to deliver your software into production and ensuring that it continues to operate as designed and including participation in periodic on-call duty.
- You would drive development best-practices such as automated unit, functional, and regression tests as part of daily development.
- You would Design, build and implement enterprise-class cloud solution for a Development, Staging and production environment - Identify design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
- You would configure and manage our software defined networking capabilities including VPCs, firewalls, and routing
- You will need to identify and document product defects that you find, and need to work on resolution.
- You would be required to work as a high energy agile team member responding quickly and effectively to changing business needs.
- 1-3 years of experience with AWS ,Azure cloud.
- Experience architecting solutions within Amazon Web Services (AWS) based cloud environment and other virtualized and software defined system and network platforms
- You have experience in a Software Development role.
- You have thorough understanding of Docker and Kubernetes including networking and storage considerations.
- Extensive programming experience in Python
- Previously exposed to a variety of Operating Systems (Windows and Linux)
- Positively adapting to project changes and multitasking.
- Experience in Enterprise Security \ Network Security domain is a plus
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.