Software Development EngineerPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 09/13/2021
Job Title:Software Development Engineer
Role Overview:Develops software as the primary job function; Designs, develops, debugs & tests complex software in any field e.g., systems software, software development tools, applications, drivers, numerical methods, UI's, web. May work directly with companies developing and optimizing compilers, operating systems, and other software technologies. Usually holds an academic degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Computational Science.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
About the Role:
- Candidate should have good design skills and have good skills in the Microsoft web development technologies.
- Develop micro-services and build applications in the AWS cloud and is well versed with DynamoDB.
- Strong Object-Oriented Programming principles. Thorough understanding and practicing SOLID principles.
- Candidate must have an excellent analytical skill.
- Should be able to review PRDs, analyze and implement solutions. Analyze all the solution options, and ability to identify the ease to maintain/high performance solutions and implement.
- The candidate is expected to collaborate closely with program management, QA, and other teams.
- Good communication skills, having worked with multiple teams in offsite locations a plus
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer science or equivalent
- Exposure to developing Web based applications with 3 to 5 years of experience
- Expertise in .Net Core: C#, ASP.Net, JS, T-SQL, MS SQL Server
- Experience in AWS, especially ECS, Lambda, and DynamoDB
- Development experience in WebAPI
- Development experience in Angular is an added advantage.
- Must have the passion to work with technology and complex systems
- Show enthusiasm in analyzing requirements, able to understand impact on existing systems and come up with an all-encompassing solution
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.