Software Development EngineerPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 09/17/2021
Job Title:Software Development Engineer
Role Overview:We are hiring for Software Engineer who will help develop next-generation security solutions for SAAS applications.
This position is an integral part of the McAfee Enterprise business segment which was acquired by Symphony Technology Group (STG) in July 2021. McAfee Enterprise and its team members remain committed to keeping governments and enterprises safe. This position is dedicated to and part of the McAfee Enterprise business.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
About the Role:
- Exposure to developing Web-based applications with 5+ years of experience. Build solutions to secure data in SAAS applications.
- Have understanding of AWS services and expertise in deploying and debugging cloud-based applications using AWS.
- Work with product manager to analyze the requirements, create standardized solutions across partners.
- Work with Architect to create end-to-end cloud solution, ensuring high scalability, availability, performance, and cost optimization.
- Estimate, prioritizing and planning project deliveries.
- Troubleshoot customer issues and work with appropriate development, product teams on issue resolution on end-to-end basis.
- Passion to work with demanding customers Document, user stories/use cases, functional specification and design.
- 4+ years of solid experience in designing and development of native Cloud/API-based software solutions, with a deep focus on usability, performance and integration with downstream web services.
- Objective Oriented skills with a nifty ability to create clean interfaces and operate at the right levels of abstraction.
- Solid coding skills using Java programming language Exposure to designing and scaling solutions with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience working with NoSQL and SQL DBs.
- Exposure to Micro-services Architecture for cloud components and its pros and cons.
- Experience to convert a problem statement to a design and Implementation.
- Participate in weekly code reviews with Engineers.
- Can understand impact of code changes- both programmable and logical changes.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.