Software Development EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 01/02/2020
Job Title:Software Development Engineer
-This position is for Data and Insights Group at McAfee. This role is for a team that is working on creating Cloud-based security solutions. The role involves developing scalable, extensible and high-quality software for our Cloud-based solutions
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role :
- 7+Years of experience in development of high-quality Cloud-based products
- Work with team to carve out scalable, efficient, performant and cost-effective methods and tools for storage and processing of large volumes of data
- Analysis of software requirements and development of modules
- Evaluate technology stack best suited to implement a set of requirements
- Participate in code reviews- proactively provide suggestions for improving code/software quality
- Brainstorm existing and proposed solutions and designs with the team
- Ensure the team follows best practices for software development
- Work closely with team members located across different geographies
- Collaborate with teams to review and suggest big-data technology stack and tools for large volumes of real-time data
About you :
- Proficient knowledge of public cloud platforms like AWS/Azure/Google Cloud
- Experience with processing engines like Spark and Flink
- Experience in programming languages like Python, NodeJS, Java, Scala with exposure to front-end technologies like AngularJS or ReactJS
- Experience in working with both RDBMS and NoSQL databases with a thorough understanding of each technology
- Experience in working with distributed software systems using technologies such as Kafka, Kinesis, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, Redis etc.
- Experience in performance optimizations and tuning of different software systems
- Experience with technology infrastructure, storage, and virtualization
- Ability to manage, prioritize, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.