Software Development EngineerPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 10/10/2021
Role Overview:McAfee Enterprise is hiring for Development Engineer who will product development team to solve complex technical challenges in a creative and resourceful way using cutting edge technologies and deep OS understanding. You will be part of the Linux endpoint team that provides world-class security solutions to Linux Server ecosystems. Our mission is to protect customers and keep them safe from cyber threats.
This position is an integral part of the McAfee Enterprise business segment which was acquired by Symphony Technology Group (STG) in July 2021. McAfee Enterprise and its team members remain committed to keeping governments and enterprises safe. This position is dedicated to and part of the McAfee Enterprise business.
About the role :
- At least 4-6 years of experience in product development including design and development tasks along with Code review / bug analysis / Unit Testing.
- A proven track record of developing/shipping high quality, scalable software in Linux, or *NIX platforms
- Should have programming, debugging experience, and excellent problem solving skills. Proven knowledge of debugging using tools like gdb and crash.
- Expertise in C++, C, Multithreading, IPC, Shared Memory, System Programming and UML as well as solid understanding of basic CS concepts is must.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both within a team and cross-group to drive identification and resolution of issues to ship under tight deadlines along with being able to drive features into the product.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.