Software Development EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 07/27/2020
Job Title:Software Development Engineer
Develop software as the primary job responsibility; Develop, debugs and tests complex software in any field e.g., systems software, software development tools, applications, drivers, numerical methods, UI's, web. May work directly with companies developing and optimising compilers, operating systems, and other software technologies. Usually hold an academic degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Computational Science.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- You have good design skills and have good skills in the Microsoft web development technologies.
- Experience in Object-oriented Programming principles.
- You manage code reviews and provide and accept reviews.
- You will review and implement solutions.
- Candidate will develop / support internal tools Analyse all the solution options in a given project, and ability to identify the ease to maintain / solutions and implement.
- Gain familiarity with managing product releases and tracking issues.
- You will work with program management, QA and other development teams.
- Exposure to developing Web-based applications with 8+ years of experience
- Familiarity in .Net, NET Core 3.1 and above, C#, ASP.Net, T-SQL, SQL Server 2008/2016.
- Exposure to writing SQL and SQL optimization for high-volume databases
- You will report to Engineering Manager
- Development experience in Web API Must have the passion to work with technology and complex systems Show enthusiasm in analysing requirements, able to understand impact on existing systems and come up with an all-encompassing solution Passion to work with demanding customers.
- Adopt to coding best practices and document, user stories/use cases, functional specification and design
- You convert a problem statement to a design and implementation.
- You interpret architecture and provide implementation documents.
- You document details of functionality, design and architecture of a component.
- You participate in weekly code reviews with engineers.
- Can understand impact of code changes- both programmable and logical changes.
- Out of box thinking Nice to have skills: Quick learning on Software Control systems such as GIT & Team City.
- Experience working in Agile methodology and knowledge on Scrum principles.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.