Software Development EngineerPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 01/11/2021
Job Title:Software Development Engineer
Role Overview:At McAfee, our mission is to protect all that matters through leading edge cybersecurity, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between. Our eCommerce platform team is passionate about building solutions to help acquire new users and retain existing customers using our marketing technology to personalize their user journeys to help them buy and renew their cyber security software.
We're looking for a Senior software engineer to join our Engineering team. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will help build an excellent digital marketing platform to acquire and retain existing customers using an omni-channel strategy by emails, push notifications, and landing pages by an integration of 3rd party technologies and home grown platforms. You can expect to be an important member of the team contributing to major features and projects on the platform while working in a collaborative environment
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- You will build products that support scaling our customer acquisition and retention efforts and user data pipeline
- Develop multi-tier scalable, high-volume performing, and reliable user-centric web applications that operate 24x7
- Develop micro-services and build applications in the cloud (AWS)
- Partner with Product Managers, Interaction Designers and Growth engineers to build software in an agile development environment using Scrum best practices
- Produce high-quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed
- 6+ years experience building Consumer-facing scalable web application solutions in languages like C#, C++, Python, or Java
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and general service oriented architectures
- 2+ years design/implementation/consulting experience building cloud solutions on any cloud
- You have experience in object-oriented design skills, coupled with a deep knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Build Web platform optimized for performance with Personalization and A/B testing capability
- Take ownership of their work and is a true team-player; someone that looks for opportunities to collaborate.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.