Software Development EngineerPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 02/17/2021
Job Title:Software Development Engineer
Role Overview:• We are looking for a new team member who is passionate about Development, has a strong interest in cyber security and Endpoint protection, and wants to join our collaborative team as a Software Development Engineer to help drive the high quality of our corporate Endpoint product family. This role will report to an Engineering Manager within the CORE Team.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role :
- Develops software as the primary job function; Designs, develops, debugs & tests complex platform. Work directly with developers, architects, Test Engineers
- Plans, schedules and integrates a range of interrelated tasks with limited direction.
- Plans, prioritizes and directs work of subordinates based on broad policies and management guidance.
- Provides periodic assessments on subdivision’s general attainment of schedules and objectives.
- Regularly performs independent analysis, development and implementation of solutions to complex problems. Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Builds productive internal/external working relationships. Integrates plans and objectives across workgroups or project teams within the organization.
- Mentors new members of the team
- Routinely exercises discretion and independent judgment in managing the work load, scheduling, and performance of the subdivision.
- Ensures that content is shipped with good Quality and shipped to customer's on time
- Minimum 6+ years of relevant experience
- Requires strong programming skills in C/C++ on Linux
- Good understanding of Linux System level programming and Experience in Multithreading & synchronization is must.
- Good understanding of toolchains, debuggers, gcc, gdb, valgrind, sockets, UDP/TCP protocols.
- Must be very good in design patterns and algorithms
- Should have excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Good to have experience in developing security or networking solutions or client-server systems
- Good to have knowledge of computer networking, protocols and software security concepts
- Proven experience working in a true agile development environment and maturity with development processes such as unit testing, automation, static analysis, secure coding, continuous integration, and SDK development.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.