Software Development EngineerPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 02/18/2021
Job Title:Software Development Engineer
Role Overview:Develops software as the primary job function; Designs, develops, debugs & tests complex software in any field e.g., systems software, software development tools, applications, drivers, numerical methods, UI's, web. May work directly with companies developing and optimizing compilers, operating systems, and other software technologies. Usually holds an academic degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Computational Science.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- Candidate should have good design skills and have good skills in the Microsoft web development technologies.
- Strong Object Oriented Programming principles. Thorough understanding and practicing SOLID principles.
- Participate in code reviews and provide and accept reviews.
- Interact with Peer teams in other GEOs and with other teams present locally.
- Candidate must have an excellent analytical skills
- Should be able to review PRDs, analyze and implement solutions.
- Candidate will develop / support internal tools
- Analyze all the solution options in a given project, and ability to identify the ease to maintain / high performance solutions and implement.
- Gain familiarity with managing product releases and tracking issues.
- The candidate is expected to collaborate closely with program management, QA and other development teams.
- Good communication skills, having worked with multiple teams in offsite locations a plus
- Exposure to developing Web based applications with 6 to 8 years of experience
- Familiarity in .Net: C#, ASP.Net, XML, XSL, JS, T-SQL, SQL Server.
- Exposure to writing SQL and SQL optimization for high volume databases
- Exposure to Big Data is beneficial.
- Development experience in MVC and WebAPI
- Must have the passion to work with technology and complex systems
- Show enthusiasm in analyzing requirements, able to understand impact on existing systems and come up with an all-encompassing solution
- Passion to work with demanding customers
- Good written and verbal communications skills and must be a strong team player.
- Able to adopt to coding best practices and standards
- Able to clearly document, user stories/use cases, functional specification and design
- Able to convert a problem statement to a design and implementation.
- Ability to interpret architecture and provide implementation documents.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Able to document details of functionality, design and architecture of a component.
- Able to participate in weekly code reviews with engineers.
- Is able to understand impact of code changes- both programmable and logical changes.
- Is able to “piece together” relevant existing functionality and quickly come up with a prototype or solution.
- Facilitate or host reviews on Application source code and technical documentation.
- Ability to work independently working with a team of Engineers locally and peer teams abroad with minimum guidance.
- Out of box thinking
Nice to have skills:
- Quick learning on software source control systems such as ACCUREV is preferred.
- Quickly adapt to Experience in working in Agile methodology & knowledge on Scrum principles.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.