Software Development EngineerPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 04/14/2021
Job Title:Software Development Engineer
Role Overview:This position is for a development engineer for the McAfee Consumer Platform Product Development team. The candidate will be responsible for design development and maintenance of various projects executed by the Development team.
Candidate should be able to work in a dynamic fast paced environment delivering solutions to support multiple projects in their development needs.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- Participate in code reviews and provide and accept reviews.
- Interact with Peer teams in other GEOs and with other teams present locally.
- Should be able to review PRDs, analyze and implement solutions.
- Candidate will develop / support internal tools
- Analyze all the solution options in a given project, and ability to identify the ease to maintain / high performance solutions and implement.
- Gain familiarity with managing product releases and tracking issues.
- The candidate is expected to collaborate closely with program management, QA and other development teams.
- Exposure to developing Web based applications with 6 to 8 years of experience
- Familiarity in C#.Net, AWS, NodeJS
- Exposure to writing SQL and SQL optimization for high volume databases
- Exposure to Golang/Go is beneficial.
- Development experience in MVC and WebAPI
- Must have the passion to work with technology and complex systems
- Able to adopt to coding best practices and standards
- Able to clearly document, user stories/use cases, functional specification and design
- Candidate should have good design skills and have good skills in the Microsoft web development technologies.
- Strong Object Oriented Programming principles. Thorough understanding and practicing SOLID principles.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.