Software Development EngineerPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 03/17/2021
Job Title:Software Development Engineer
Role Overview:We are looking for Software Development Engineer's for our Endpoint Engineering team in McAfee India Center (Bangalore). You have experience developing/shipping high-quality, scalable software on Windows platforms. Have experience on Design & Development Skills in C++, Develops software as the primary job responsibility; Designs, develops, debugs and tests complex software in any field e.g., systems software, software development tools, applications, drivers, numerical methods, UI's, web. May work directly with companies developing and optimizing compilers, operating systems, and other software technologies. Usually holds an academic degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Computational Science.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role
- Experience developing/shipping high-quality, scalable software on Windows platforms
- Have experience on programming, debugging experience. Knowledge of debugging using tools like windbg.
- Expertise in C++, C, Win32 API ,Multithreading, IPC, System Programming, Memory management and understanding of basic CS concepts is must.
- Experience writing Unit Tests.
- Knowledge of Windows internals.
- Good Knowledge on installers like InstallShield
- Familiar with Test-driven Development concepts.
- Experience working both within a team and cross-group to guide identification and resolution of issues to ship along with being able to guide features into the product.
- Exposure to Scripting language like Perl / Python / Ruby would be desirable
- Must be passion for and commitment to software quality
- Excellent ability to break down complex software systems with application of, Experience in performance and interoperability testing of software products in a production scenario with and present results
- 3+ years of experience doing code review, defect analysis, writing test tools and identifying automation opportunities
- Excellent experience driving quality programmes like coding guidelines, best practices within the development teams
- Must be highly motivated with a passion for and commitment to software quality
- Have architectural, design, programming, and debugging experience
- Experience delivering high-quality, scalable software with a cohesive user experience
- Have good knowledge of Continuous development methodology and experience delivering software using CD principles
- Expertise on Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- You have the following traits: dedicated, persistent, analytical, focused, ambitious, and attentive
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.