Software Development EngineerPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 03/30/2021
Job Title:Software Development Engineer
Role Overview:Develop software as the primary job responsibility; Develop, debugs and tests complex software in any field e.g., systems software, software development tools, applications, drivers, numerical methods, UI's, web. May work directly with companies developing and optimizing compilers, operating systems, and other software technologies. Usually hold an academic degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Computational Science.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- Develop and debug complex software in multiple Front-end, back-end components and web technologies.
- Design low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Understand fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Passion for creating the best experience for the customer
- Determine best coding practices, development tools, and validation requirements.
- Architect and develop the next generation application across platform Desktop, mobile.
- You will report to Engineering Manager.
- Work with multiple technologists in the company and within the industry including developers and project managers to evaluate feasibility of requirements and determine priorities for development.
- You have 6+ years of experience.
- You have experience in Design/Architecture and Development skills.
- Expertise in Design/Architecture and Development skill
- Work with front-end developers to combine their front-end elements and components with the server-side.
- Proficient in Object-oriented Programming Concepts such as .NET, C# development, Web API
- Understand differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the platform. Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Experience with Cloud technologies •
- Experience in state management framework like Redux
- Incorporate data storage solutions (database like MS SQL, MySQL, MongoDB)
- Good experience with Version Control, Automation, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment: TeamCity, Jenkins, Ansible. Knowledge in code coverage concepts and implementation.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.