Software Development EngineerPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 04/04/2021
Job Title:Software Development Engineer
Role Overview:Engineers in our team have an opportunity to deep dive across the entire development cycle from concept to delivery within our platform group and also our partner engineering product teams.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role :
Software Engineers in our group perform several of the below activities:
- Design and Develop cloud services and architectural components of our platform by collaborating within and across product engineering groups to enhance the platform capabilities and deliver end to end solution.
- Research and stay up to date on various cutting-edge enterprise cloud technologies and be able to select appropriate ones based on evaluation and rapid prototype development
- Develop and implement Ux/UI with cohesive end to end orchestration and automation workflows in the ePO management console
- Design and implement our CI/CD container-based deployment pipeline from source to live production
- Conduct code inspections/analysis, peer code reviews, and automated testing to find and resolve issues prior to code check-in
- Debug and promptly resolve beta and live cloud ops or field escalation issues from internal and external customers
- Work in fast paced agile team and take/influence decisions that swiftly drive open technical topics to a closure.
- Continually improve and mature our engineering software development processes sprint over sprint and release over release
- Provide technical mentoring to other engineering members to build a high performing and inclusive team of talented individuals that learns and grows together.
About you :
- 1+ years of software development in Java/J2EE, Spring boot, Spring security, Spring Framework, REST API with some of the experience in building and maintaining scalable and reliable enterprise applications delivered from Cloud.
- Deep understanding of Design Patterns, OOPs concepts, Java and JEE technologies. Experience in Hibernate and Micro services
- Experience with Cloud virtualization, Containers and Container orchestration (Docker) technologies, Kubernetes (NTH)
- Experience with message brokers such as Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Proficient knowledge of public cloud platform technologies and services in AWS and also Azure/GCP
- Experience working in an Agile team environment with active participation in all phases of the software development lifecycle including analysis, design, development, unit and system integration testing, static/dynamic analysis and implementation
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Understanding of fundamental design principles and trade-offs behind scalable applications Should have strong debugging experience and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong desire to continually grow in the technical stream by learning new technologies and translate them into working software
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.