Software Development EngineerPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 04/28/2021
Job Title:Software Development Engineer
Role Overview:McAfee is hiring for Software Development Engineer with the primary responsibility of handling customer escalations through replicating, debugging, implementing and validating the fixes. In this challenging role, an opportunity is also provided to design, develop the feature enhancements. The role provides interaction with Customers, Support Engineers, Development and QA Engineers.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role
- Responsible for sustenance of IPS/IDS software running on multi-processor platforms.
- Troubleshoot customer issues with help from development/QA team members on requirement basis and take them to closure.
- Replicate problems in lab, fix and provide the hotfix to customer.
- Provide assistance to QA team members and Support Engineers in narrowing down the problems.
About you :
- 5 years of experience in product sustenance/QA.
- Experience on networking/security products is a huge plus.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP and SSL networking protocols.
- Experience in troubleshooting system level issues and excellent problem solving skills.
- Must be highly motivated with a strong passion for and commitment to software quality.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both within a team and cross-group.
- Experience with large systems software design and development
- Knowledge of C coding is required.
- Knowledge of traffic generation and analysis tools such as tcpreplay, ethereal/wireshark, Avalanche, BreakingPoint is beneficial.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.