Software Development EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Additional Locations Date posted 10/10/2018
Position – Software Development Engineer
Group – McAfee Consumer Platform Engineering
Reports to – Software Engineering Manager
Location – McAfee India Center, Bangalore
About the Company
McAfee is one of the world’s leading independent cybersecurity companies. Inspired by the power of working together, McAfee creates business and consumer solutions that make the world a safer place. By building solutions that work with other companies' products, McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. By protecting consumers across all their devices, McAfee secures their digital lifestyle at home and away. By working with other security players, McAfee is leading the effort to unite against cybercriminals for the benefit of all.
McAfee delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that help secure systems, networks, and mobile devices around the world, allowing users to safely connect to the Internet, browse, and shop the web more securely. Backed by its unrivaled global threat intelligence, McAfee creates innovative products that empower home users, businesses, the public sector, and service providers by enabling them to prove compliance with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities, and continuously monitor and improve their security. McAfee is relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe as in our world “Safe Never Sleeps”
At the McAfee India Development Center [MIC] we celebrate innovation, with most of the work we do laying a high emphasis on innovating in the space we are in. We are focused on building products in some of the most interesting and challenging areas of the Security domain right now and are looking for passionate and talented candidates to help us realize our vision of Secure Computing. Successful candidates will live and breathe software security and will be able to identify software security issues in a broad range of technologies and understand how security issues play into new scenarios.
This position is for a development engineer for the McAfee Consumer Platform Product Development team. The candidate will be responsible for resolving customer issues escalated to Engineering to deliver maximum customer satisfaction.
Candidate should be able to work in a dynamic fast paced environment resolving issues supporting multiple projects/applicatins.
- Responsible for resolving customer issues escalated to Engineering to deliver maximum customer satisfaction.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and fix issues after proper analysis.
- Triage, catalogue and quantify issues.
- Provide detail summary of all high priority issues to stakeholders ensuring quality in data provided.
- Track and resolved all production issues within defined SLAs.
- Ability to work independently on defined tasks and escalate in a timely manner when support/assistance is required.
- Interact with Peer teams in other GEOs and with other teams present locally.
- Create accurate root cause of Production issues and help to provide long term solutions to fix them.
- Work with teams to prioritize fix for production issues.
- Responsible for publishing detailed weekly report.
- Candidate will develop/support internal tools.
- Extended work hours to support and troubleshooting issues.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and excellent analytical skills.
- Passion to work with demanding customers.
- Strong troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
- Must have experience in troubleshooting problems in real-time, interacting with customers and internal support representatives to deliver maximum customer satisfaction.
- Good written and verbal communications skills and must be a strong team player.
- Out of box thinking.
- Show enthusiasm in analyzing issues, understand impact on systems.
- Must have the passion to work with technology and complex systems.
- 3 to 7 years of experience in web and ecommerce domain.
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Engineering.
- Exposure to writing SQL queries and SPs.
- Develop tools or automation to reduce manual tasks.
Nice to have skills:
- Knowledge of ASP and related COM+ technologies.
- Knowledge of testing techniques & methodologies.
- Knowledge of software source control systems such as ACCUREV, GIT is preferred.
Shift 1 (India)
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.