Software EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 01/24/2020
Job Title:Software Engineer
We are looking for a new team member who is passionate about building e2e testing solutions and focus on delivering reliable and robust software as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to help test the new solutions for Cloud Services Platform and Mobile applications. Works for ensuring software quality requirements and goals established are met. Who follows effective software testing practices to ensure project work / products comply with applicable standards requirements. You take end-to-end ownership of the feature releases are tested and reach their final production stage.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
Abou the role :
- 8-10 years of experience in QA/Automation.
- Experience in test automation using automation frameworks like Selenium, Appium, Pytest, etc
- Experienced in writing automation scripts using automation languages like python, batch scripts etc.,
- Excellency in writing and executing the test suites and test plans.
- Knowledge and work experience in programming languages like Java, Python.
- Experience in DevOps tools like Jenkins, Chef and Puppet.
- Should have working knowledge of test management tools.
- Collaborate with team members to create White & Black box test strategy and test cases from functional specifications.
- Working or Operational Knowledge of datacentre and VM management will be an added advantage.
- Experience in setting up and conduct code reviews for detecting functional defects
- Experience in understanding of continuous integration and deployment tools and concepts
- Good at problem solving, scripting.
- Need to have an ability to resolve technical issues and assess the quality of software product.
- Should be passionate and inquisitive to learn new technologies and tools. Experience in SDLC methodologies such as Agile.
- Experience in Build tools GitHub, code reviews and PRs.
- Knowing Cloud technologies like, AWS, Azure, GAE, GCM is an added advantage
About you :
- Responsible for effective assurance of product quality through white-box as well as black box testing, Smart Test-Driven Development, test automation, code inspections, peer reviews, and other forms of engineering excellence.
- Responsible for creating detailed and comprehensive test cases and perform thorough Functional, regression testing and Non-Functional (Performance, Soak) Testing.
- Analysing requirements, able to understand impact on existing systems and come up with use cases and test cases independently
- Set up test environment including QA servers and maintain it throughout the project.
- Responsible for defect prevention during Unit/Integration/System test phase. Ensure testability in code and measure code coverage data regularly
- Collaborates with Engineering and QA to resolve bugs.
- Develops and communicates technical processes, standards, and best practices to the team.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location:India, Bangalore
- Senior Software Development Engineer Engineering, Software Development Bengaluru, Karnataka
- DevOps Engineer for Cloud Workload Protection Platform (Linux) Engineering, Cloud, Devops Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Software Quality Engineer for Cloud Workload Protection Platform (Windows) Engineering, Cloud Bengaluru, Karnataka