Software engineerPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 10/10/2021
Role Overview:McAfee Enterprise is hiring for Software Engineer with the primary responsibility of handling customer escalations through replicating, debugging, implementing and validating the fixes. In this challenging role, an opportunity is also provided to design, develop the feature enhancements. The role provides interaction with Customers, Support Engineers, Development and QA Engineers.
This position is an integral part of the McAfee Enterprise business segment which was acquired by Symphony Technology Group (STG) in July 2021. McAfee Enterprise and its team members remain committed to keeping governments and enterprises safe. This position is dedicated to and part of the McAfee Enterprise business.
About the role
- You will responsible for sustenance/development of IPS/IDS software running on multi-processor platforms.
- You will troubleshoot customer issues with help from development/QA team members on requirement basis and take them to closure.
- You will Replicate problems in lab, fix and provide the hotfix to customer.
- Provide assistance to QA team members and Support Engineers in narrowing down the problems.
About you :
- 3 years of experience in product sustenance/QA.
- Experience on networking/security products is a huge plus.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP and SSL networking protocols.
- Experience in troubleshooting system level issues and excellent problem solving skills.
- Must be highly motivated with a strong passion for and commitment to software quality.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both within a team and cross-group.
- Knowledge of C coding is required.
- Knowledge of traffic generation and analysis tools such as tcpreplay, ethereal/wireshark, Avalanche, BreakingPoint is beneficial.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.