Software EngineerPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 04/15/2021
Job Title:Software Engineer
Role Overview:Sound knowledge in Core and Enterprise J2EE Technologies and have worked in developing tools and scripts which run on both Windows and Linux environments. Will be working on customer issue escalations team.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the role :
- Handle Customer escalations if required join for a remote session with customer with engineering team.
- NSP Customers are from different time zones, co-ordinate with support and engineering team on a time which work for both teams.
- Take supportability ownership of assigned product modules and understand the functionality of the module or feature.
- Reproduce the customer issues locally in lab and make it available for team to debug.
- Scrum master role for any update or minor releases.
- Work collaboratively with other teams and engineers, from QA teams, sensor escalation team to fully understand the issue and requirements.
- Contribute to define the product direction and provide solutions and bring issues to closure.
- Contribute in writing scripts and tools to automate solutions for troubleshooting.
- Present test results and defect reports and participate in analysis of defects pertaining to field quality and prioritization.
About you :
- Sound knowledge in Core and Enterprise J2EE Technologies, have worked in developing tools and scripts which run on both Windows and Linux environments.
- Knowledge and expertise in Linux kernel commands and application debugging.
- Hands-on experience in SQL Queries, software code analysis & network troubleshooting.
- Worked on any NMS or EMS software is an added advantage.
- Experience in debugging performance related issues like high Memory and high CPU Usage cases.
- Good understanding of Linux fundamentals and experience working in Unix/Linux environments.
- Working with Jira and generate reports and dashboards for sprint or projects tracking will be an added advantage.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.