Software Engineering Manager - Cloud TechnologiesPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 10/29/2019
Job Title:Software Engineering Manager - Cloud Technologies
We are looking for an experienced engineering leader who is passionate about building cloud based services and applications, has a strong interest in cyber-security and data protection, and wants to join our team as a Software Engineering Manager to help our NWDP product family reach for the cloud. Working at our Bangalore development centre, you will bring your enthusiasm, knowledge and experience to lead an end-to-end team responsible for building, testing, deploying and maintaining our NWDP cloud services.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role :
• You will manage a team of software professionals including but not limited to developers and technical leaders. Working closely with the wider NWDP team, you will be responsible for delivery, operationalization and maintenance of cloud services throughout the entire software lifecycle.
• You will work with Product Managers, Engineering Managers and Architects to define product and engineering roadmaps.
• You will create and deliver coherent engineering plans into the project governance process, and be responsible for execution and tracking to ensure successful delivery against those plans.
• You will be required to provide architectural and technical guidance, and ensure that sound engineering practices are followed.
• You will provide direction and goals to the team and interact with stakeholders both internal and external.
• You will collaborate with cross-functional managers and leaders to prioritize features and plan for software and service updates.
• You will be the driver of engineering excellence in all facets of software lifecycle and responsible for tracking engineering efficiency using relevant metrics.
• You will mentor and guide the team to make sound engineering decisions, improve code quality and encourage the team to get out of their comfort zone, whilst working with team members to grow.
• You will be responsible for hiring exceptional talent into the team.
About you :
• Proven 2+ years of management experience in product development engineering organizations with at-least 10 years of software industry experience.
• Proven ability in change management and guide the development organization through strategic business decisions.
• Experience leading cloud engineering teams with top notch software engineers, guiding them in architectural and design decisions.
• Experience of leading teams which build, deploy and maintain high-availability cloud services built in Java, using industry standard components (e.g. Spring) and AWS technologies
• Proven ability to hire and retain top industry talent.
• Experience working with geographically distributed cross-functional stakeholders.
• Strong technical experience in cloud software engineering
• Experience coaching junior managers and technical leaders to bring out the best in them.
• Industry experience working on enterprise class networking, security or storage software solutions.
• Experience in leading organizations through Agile transformation
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.