Software Engineering ManagerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 09/30/2019
Job Title:Software Engineering Manager
Software Engineering Manager – Consumer Mobile Products
This position is for the mobile team in McAfee consumer. We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager who will own, manage and work along with a team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation McAfee mobile products. You will be expected to have reputable background in building highly scalable systems and applications, possesses great communication skills and self-motivated to achieve results with speed and agility. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system, is customer-obsessed, and feels strongly about building good products that delight customers. You will be participating in creating vision and influence product roadmap across multiple stakeholders.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Role:
- You will own, manage and work along with a team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation mobile products
- You will be participating in creating vision and influence product roadmap across multiple stakeholders
- You will review product requirements, specifications and technical design documents and provide accurate feedback to ensure that software is written in a testable and supportable fashion
- You will be estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating project activities
- You will need to identify and document product defects that you find, and work closely with the development team to help them resolve the defects
- You will be expected to have reputable background in building highly scalable systems and applications, possesses great communication skills and self-motivated to achieve results with speed and agility
- You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system, is customer-obsessed, and feels strongly about building good products that delight customers
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in Mobile software development
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in people management
- You should have experience with hiring and retaining the best
- You are passionate about technologies and solving deep technical problems
- You should possess strong interpersonal skills to drive the roadmap execution across different geographies, product and functional teams
- You have strong hands-on technology experience building and running large-scale Mobile products
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with and understand technical subjects and emerging technologies and their relevance to a product
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Exceptional design and architectural skills
- Excellent knowledge of Java or Objective C
- Experience in designing and building applications for Android, iOS and Windows devices
- Experience with Android or iOS SDK/Framework, REST API, multi-threading and performance tuning
- Experience with NoSQL DB like Cassandra is a big plus
- Experience with Python is a big plus
- Experience with AWS cloud is a big
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.