Software Engineering ManagerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 10/04/2019
Job Title:Software Engineering Manager
This position, Software Development Manager, is for the McAfee Consumer Engineering team.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
Manages a team of software professionals including but not limited to engineers, architects, technical writers and technical consultants who are responsible for delivering results over many areas of the software lifecycle: design, developing, debugging, validating, and optimization, customer engagement and product support.
Candidate should have excellent People management, technical skills on specialization in Java/J2EE, Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) – Web content management technology. Candidate should have experience in building highly scalable and performing systems that serve a large user base.
May also be required to provide architectural and technical guidance, and ensure that sound engineering practices are followed. Provides direction and goals to the group and interacts with stakeholders both internal and external.
- 12+ years web/SW development experience and 3+ years managerial experience.
- Understands development models and methodologies, including Scrum, as well as traditional waterfall methods.
- Expertise in multiple technology platforms/languages such as Java, J2EE, C#, .NET, etc. Competency with Adobe AEM, , Target and Omniture.
- General knowledge of Business Intelligence software packages. General knowledge of mobile platforms and mobile as well as Responsive application development.
- Experience with best practices in Web content management systems Highly organized with strong multi-project planning, management, and tracking skills Ability to anticipate, recognize, and push through resistance or setbacks.
- Able to mediate disputes: working with others to find common ground, promote understanding of all viewpoints, and drive for closure and cooperation Strong spoken, written, and presentation communication skills Understanding of the Software Product Development Life Cycle Must have the passion to work with demanding stakeholder distributed globally.
- Exposure and understanding of Agile Project Management. Primary Responsibilities Leads architecture and design of high impact projects while meeting functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and time to market needs.
- Provides accurate estimates of effort required to develop and deploy technical components of overall solutions. Structure and manage complex, large scale, multi-track projects. Provide thought leadership internally and externally by writing blog posts, articles, white papers or hosting webinars.
- Provides hands-on development support to in-house, near-shore or offshore project teams. Maintain a strong understanding of industry and enterprise-wide trends and best practices. Identify and manage risk on projects.
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.