Software Tools/Build Engineer- RemotePrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 08-Apr-2022
Role Overview:As an ( IT Support Specialist ), you will be assisting McAfee Consumer Product and Development teams to resolve their technical issues for DevOps tools like Jira & Confluence, GitHub Enterprise, TeamCity and Artifactory in timely manner. ( IT Support Specialist- Application Support Engineer ) will be point of contact for all application related technical issues and will be responsible for handling the service now tickets from end users. This position requires someone who enjoys interacting with customers, and cross functional teams to drive customer issues to resolution. This role requires good knowledge of technical troubleshooting experience for web based /server-based applications and Expertise on ticketing tool like ServiceNow and good knowledge of ITSM Process with good understanding of networking concepts is required.
This is a remote position in India. We will only consider candidates currently in India and are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
About the role:
- Interact with the end users via email / chat and work on the service now tickets assigned to the team to provide the highest level of urgency to resolve their technical issues in timely manner.
- Technical System administrative experience on Project / Issue management tools like Jira Software and Version control repository tool GitHub Enterprise, artifact repository manager like JFrog Artifactory, Build management and continuous integration tools like TeamCity and Artifactory.
- Expected to have good understanding of web Based /server-based applications and its troubleshooting.
- Should have an experience in Installing, updating, and maintaining server-based applications.
- Should have good Knowledge of LDAP, TCP/IP, DNS, Windows Active Directory, SSL Certificates, Network troubleshooting and Good Knowledge of Load Balancer Concepts.
- Should be able to proactively monitor the applications and good knowledge of monitoring tools Such as AppDynamics or Nagios is required
- Should be able to handle the major incidents and P1/ P2 Incidents with the production application.
- Technical administrative experience (Windows, Linux )
- Expected to have good Database knowledge– SQL Server, MSSQL or PostgreSQL.
- Good knowledge of Web server knowledge (e.g. Tomcat, Apache, IIS) is mandatory.
- Work closely with T3 support engineers and escalation teams as and when required.
- Previous industry experience software development/ Production support is preferred
- Debugging system level problems in a multi-vendor, complex network environment with high- level technical expertise on simple to complex issues.
- Evaluate the scope for timely escalation and ensure that critical problems are addressed as per the priority.
- Document all technical issues, analysis and communication with the team members and ensure that the documentation is gathered at one place.
- Flexibility to work independently or as part of a team and learning new things readily.
- Excellent communication and customer management skills
- Good understanding of ticketing tool like ServiceNow and good knowledge of ITSM Process.
- Excellent understanding on application layer protocols (HTTP-HTTPs/SSL), PKI, Network Security – Firewalls/Proxy.
- Experience in Installing, updating, and maintaining server-based applications and good understanding of LDAP, TCP/IP, DNS, Windows Active Directory, SSL Certificate knowledge.
- Understanding of cloud platforms like AWS of GCP is desired
- Good Knowledge of Monitoring tools Such as AppDynamics.
- Good understanding of Linux/Unix Sound fundamentals of TCP/IP, HTTPs, SSO-SAML, SAAS understanding and in-depth knowledge of Networking & Security Concepts.
- 4+ years of technical support experience in large enterprise space with solid understanding of application support, end user management/handling skills
- The ideal candidate will be an Engineer, who is a self-starter, with excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, documentation, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Flexibility to work independently or as part of a team and learning new things readily and without fear.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.