Sr Domain Services EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Additional Locations Date posted 01/25/2019
This position is within the Corporate IT Services group and is a part of the Domain Services team. Domain Service Engineer is a technical role. You will serve as a Microsoft AD and Azure Support Analyst/Sr Analyst focused on the Azure IaaS and PaaS solutions. This role works directly with managers, architects, engineers and customers – providing hands on technical cloud solutions. This position requires hands-on technical implementation and support of infrastructure solutions in Microsoft AD and Azure cloud environments. This role will also work to ensure the engineered solutions in Microsoft Azure are compatible and consistent with other public offerings, consistent with security and architectural requirements. This position will function as part of a highly skilled support team supporting our current on premise and Azure active directory environments and our customers.
Responding to requests for IT assistance that have been filtered by the Tier 2 (Field Operations staff) for resolution. You will be involved in supporting users in a heterogeneous environment of Microsoft on premise and Azure Active Directories.
- Analyze, install, develop, test, modify and maintain all software and components relating to the Microsoft AD, Azure and Multi-factor authentication environments.
- Resolve technical, operational and hardware problems of all severity levels utilizing both internal and external vendor resources.
- Serve as a resource for solving complex user, application and system problems.
- Provide technical assistance and information to other Infrastructure, Application and various vendor personnel.
- Prepare documentation for use by operations staff, application teams, technical support and vendor partners.
- Evaluate and make recommendations hardware platforms, system and support software, and end user tools as they relate to the operational environments.
- Evaluate the performance of the environment by utilizing available tools and aids to monitor trends, loads, and growth patterns.
- Perform tests and routine preventative maintenance.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft operating systems and architecture, along with other components including Microsoft Domain Name System (DNS), Active Directory Domain Services (ADDS), Group Policy Objects (GPO) and Azure AD.
- Strong understanding of Multi-Factor Authentication deployment and administration.
- Strong scripting skills (modify setup files, run and verify PowerShell scripts) Script examples may be requested.
- Solid understanding of Azure AD Connect.
- Solid experience of Quest Architecture and Administration
- Have a working Knowledge of other architecture disciplines including application, database, infrastructure, and enterprise architecture.
- Ability to work independently and collaborating with others.
- Must be motivated and results oriented.
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- After-hours support and implementation as needed.
- Product closed-loop feedback into Development organization on product performance and supportability
- Experience administering Active Directory, Group Policies, Cloud Infrastructure, DNS, windows clustering.
- Knowledge of AWS and G-Cloud platforms
- Experience working with AD Trusts relationships.
- Experience working as systems administrator in complex environments with frequent patching, updates and changes.
- Experience using monitoring software.
- Experience working with development and architecture teams in creating an operations model.
- Ability to help plan, setup, execute audit logging strategy. (Preferably with Azure OMS)
- Familiarity with Service Now ticketing systems.
- Creation/update Standard Operating Procedures, runbook to document standard processes.
- Practical experience in troubleshooting Replication, GPO, DNS, Kerberos, SPNs, Trust Delegation.
- Experience working with Microsoft Identity technologies
- Understanding of Azure networking concepts
- Experience problem solving issues on globally distributed systems and critical product service environments. Capable of technical deep dives into infrastructure, databases, and applications as needed, yet cognitively agile enough to have strategy discussions with leadership
- Management and support of PKI environment
- Scripting with view to automate manual tasks
- Large scale deployment experience
- Process compliance
- Knowledge of the ITIL Framework.
Shift 1 (India)
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.