Sr. Software Development EngineerPrimary Location India, Bangalore Date posted 09/20/2021
Job Title:Sr. Software Development Engineer
Role Overview:Contribute to the core POC/design/development of Firewall As a Service, new addition under the umbrella of Unified Cloud Edge (UCE), strategic solution providing Web, CASB and Data Protection capabilities for Cloud, and Hybrid Customers. In addition, support the feature enhancements and sustenance for McAfee Cloud Proxy and Site-Site/Mobile Platform releases.
This requires skills to contribute for new feature requirements, design and development activities including sustenance.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
About the role
- Own, and maintain high-quality code for the Cloud Connectivity Project. Write code as per product requirements
- Should be able to drive end-to-end ownership of features/functions and modules including development, testing and automation of functional and non-functional.
- Should be able to come up with innovative ideas to solve product problems.
- Should be able to analyze customer issues and provide resolution/workaround.
- Ability to develop/automate in Cloud/Hybrid architecture.
- Ability to manage Public Cloud and SaaS Deployments.
- Identifies, recommends, coordinates, deliver timely knowledge to the teams regarding technologies, processes, and tools.
- Recognize the big picture and take initiative to solve the problem and improve design.
- 4 - 8 years of professional work experience.
- 4+ years of hands-on development experience on Windows and/or Mac
- Solid understanding of OS internals preferably Windows and/or Mac
- Strong experience in object-oriented programming using C++
- Demonstrated skills in OS concepts, Algorithms and Design patterns
- Good knowledge of Cloud platforms & Networking protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTP2, SSL/TLS
- Ability to develop/automate/deploy on Cloud Platforms
- Prior knowledge on Public Cloud/SaaS platforms
- Should have excellent debugging, troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, product managers and stakeholders in developing and maintaining services & components.
- Proficient in handling second level support of customer escalations.
- Knowledge of distributed systems and software security preferred.
- Experience representing technical viewpoints to diverse audiences and in making timely and prudent technical risk decisions.
- Outside the box thinker. Applies innovation and creativity to provide solutions for complex problems in a time sensitive and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Should be flexible in learning and working with different platforms and technologies
- Experience with Quality aspects and testing/automation/scripting is desired
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.