Sr Software Development EngineerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 01/13/2020
Job Title:Sr Software Development Engineer
We are looking for a new team member who is passionate about solving problems, has a strong interest in cyber
security and data protection, and wants to join our collaborative team as a Software Development Engineer to
help drive the high quality of our consumer product family. This role will report in an Engineering Manager within
the Consumer Team.
Working at our Bangalore development center, you will exhibit a deep understanding of software development
lifecycle, be able to think like a user to define and code enriching user experience and have the capability to
quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
In a world where large data breaches are becoming more frequent, we are offering you a rare opportunity to
influence and contribute to an interesting and critical part of McAfee’s consumer business that protects our
customers’ data - in one of the most vibrant cities in India.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the role:
- Analyze Requirements, Designing and developing key modules from inception to completion
- Participating in Design Reviews and Code Inspections
- Work closely with Architects/Members of Development team to drive quality through all stages of SDLC from design to implementation through deployment
- Ensure testability in product features
- Must excel in both individual and group settings
- Debugging issues, root cause analysis of problems as needed
- You will analyze impact of code changes in existing systems
- Refactoring and expanding the existing features for broader support and effectiveness
- Evangelizing best practices and contributing this knowledge to team's expertise
- 4-6+ years of experience
- You should have the passion to work with demanding Architects/Managers on complex systems
- A multi-skilled developer with Proficiency in -
- Designing and developing Windows applications using C++, Win32 API, COM, Multithreading and IPC technologies
- Expert level hands-on experience in developing Multithreaded applications
- Inter Process Communications (IPC) mechanisms using Windows is a must
- Windows Internals, Development and debugging tools
- Other secondary Skills –
- Hands-on experience in implementing design patterns (as applied to C++)
- Strong design and modelling skills, e.g. UML
- Experience of Security consideration in Software design
- Understanding & experience of Agile Development Methodology (Scrum)
- Have expertise in various areas such as unit testing, static analysis, secure coding, continuous integration, and SDK development
- Experience in analyzing requirements, able to understand impact on existing systems and come up with an all-encompassing solution, independently
- Good written and verbal communications skills and must be a strong team player
- Good understanding of coding best practices and standards
- Appreciate test automation and continuous integration
- Able to document user stories/use cases, functional specification and design clearly
- Positively adapting to project changes and multitasking
Company Benefits and Perks:
Our corporate culture and values are central to McAfee’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We are encouraged to bring our true selves to work. Our wide range of social communities & programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, all allow our employees to feel valued as people, while enjoying positive and challenging work.
Check out more: Careers & Life at McAfee.
Perks may include:
Pension / Retirement Programs
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
Paid Time Off
Support for Community Involvement
Unleash your Power … Join our Talent Network: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.