SRE ManagerPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Date posted 07/20/2020
Job Title:SRE Manager
As the SRE Manager, you will lead a 247 SRE team of experienced individuals, and will be accountable and maintain the appropriate service levels (availability, latency) to serve our customers' needs and reduce the friction for managing change, while being strategic about capacity, and always managing performance. Your responsibilities will include setting team priorities and goals and engaging with DevOps, Engineering & other teams to understand and support our needs and projects. Our mission is to ensure applications on-boarded to SRE are instrumented for full-stack observability and testing.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About the Role:
- Lead a 247 team of Site Reliability Engineers working on several important services and technologies to support our products.
- Create daily processes including Change Management, Incident Management, and Problem Management
- You develop Goals to manage the operational performance of the service provided in delivering product/service support
- Complete Incident retrospectives. Manage the Incident lifecycle and work directly with Engineering, DevOps, IT & other teams to groom the backlogs and prioritize high impact fixes.
- Support product engineering teams on SRE related activities.
- You will report to the Senior Manager.
- You will develop productive relationships with business leaders across the organization to identify and remove barriers and ensure applications operation and support are meeting expected levels of service, quality, and performance.
- 10+ years of software development and/or technical operations experience, and experience running large-scale applications with minimum 5 years of management experience.
- Experience in SRE / DevOps, Infrastructure Engineering, and Systems Engineering.
- You have experience building and operating production systems (> 99.9% Service level agreement) on On-prem or Cloud (AWS).
- You will demonstrate a understanding of development, debugging, administration and automation frameworks: C#/.NET, PowerShell, Python, or Ansible.
- You have experience with Managing, logging, APM and other tools: AppD, ELK, Cloudwatch,NewRelic, MoogSoft, and Solarwind
- You have experience with CI/CD tools: Git, Teamcity, Jenkin, Artifactory, Ansible, Harness, AWS deploy, Octopus
- You have experience with container technologies: Kubernetes, Docker Experience with both Windows and Linux Operating Systems
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.