Technical Lead-Browser Internals, Consumer Innovation CenterPrimary Location Bangalore, Karnataka Additional Locations Date posted 11/30/2018
RESPONSIBILITIES: Technical Lead with Technology Research focus in the Consumer Innovation Center is responsible for:
- Research into new technologies, usage trends, platforms, security landscape and solutions. Identify new innovation opportunities that have the potential to create new product lines for McAfee in the rapidly changing app landscape of mobile devices and PCs.
- Research, design and development of next generation software to protect users’ digital interactions across wearable, IoT, mobile devices and PCs. Design and develop new solutions for emerging threats in security, privacy, identity, transactions and data.
- Assess technical feasibility by building rapid PoCs, find technological solutions for gaps, and create strategic IP as necessary.
- Rapidly develop innovation concepts, demo/evangelize the concepts, and practice rapid iterative product development to mature promising concepts into successful products.
- Work closely with User Experience designers and product owners to translate specs into consumer facing applications and services.
- Execute with a sense of urgency to drive ideas into products through the innovation life-cycle. Architect solutions from scratch, extracting essence of user pain points and navigating the product opportunity space.
- Be the champion for building concepts and new products with high-quality at the starting gate.
- Collaborate with globally distributed product managers, designers, user researchers, business unit managers, marketing executives, and customers.
- B.Tech/Masters in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in building Browser based solutions with deep focus on security, usability, performance and integration.
- Must have deep understanding of Browser (Chrome, IE, Firefox, Edge) internals.
- Must have experience with building innovations and 1.0 products.
- Ability to conduct research into security and privacy threats in the context of emerging consumer trends.
- Deep understanding of best design and software engineering practices – design principles and patterns, unit testing, TDD, quality, performance engineering, best practices for security, privacy, and identity protection.
- Experience with Machine learning, deep learning tools and frameworks will be a big plus.
- Proven experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment. Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle Architect and design leading solutions with a strong focus on security, performance and scalability.
- Experience with Security, Privacy, Identity, Connected Home, Wearables, IOT is a plus.
Shift 1 (India)
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.