Technical Lead Cloud EngineerPrimary Location India Date posted 22-Nov-2022
Role Overview:Invent, design, build, deliver, and operate solutions that drive standards and efficiency across the ecosystem. They build the infrastructure that allows other software engineers to quickly deploy, run, and scale their software. They plan, design, develop, test, and modify software systems or applications for enhancements and new products that are specifically focused on cloud service development. Using current programming languages and technologies, the lead cloud engineer writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
This is a remote position in India. We will only consider candidates currently in India and are not offering relocation assistance at this time.
About the role:
- Develop and deploy software on AWS.
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code using Go, leveraging some of the open-source frameworks.
- Develop RESTful services that will be consumed across mobile devices and gateway platforms.
- Design efficient caching systems and algorithms using a known method, e.g., "Memcached."
- Be an active participant in an Agile Scrum environment, helping to build the web-services platform for the home gateway product.
- Min. 7 years of software development experience with 4+ years of cloud/AWS development experience.
- Strong knowledge of AWS architecture, development, and deployment.
- Strong programming skills in Go or Python.
- Solid understanding of caching implementation, e.g., Memcached. Redis.
- Experience working with a NOSQL system such as Cassandra or Dynamo is desirable.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is highly desirable.
- Understanding the fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
McAfee is a leader in personal security for consumers. Focused on protecting people, not just devices, McAfee consumer solutions adapt to users’ needs in an always online world, empowering them to live securely through integrated, intuitive solutions that protects their families and communities with the right security at the right moment.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Bonus Program
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.